Why you need SEO for your website
You want potential clients to discover your website and quickly realize that what you offer is exactly what they are looking for. You’re aware of the fact that more consumers are using the Internet to find a local business or to shop for the best price on a particular product. They’ll go to their favorite search engine, type some keywords to narrow down their search, hit enter, and receive pages of website listings that relate to those keywords. Typically, the more pages they look through, the less value they find in the websites listed on those later pages. Search engine analysts have found that websites that appear on the first page of a search results list garner over 92% of the internet traffic. That’s why you want your website to appear on the first page of the search results list.
The work that’s performed to get your website to the top of the list is called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. SEO that’s done right helps your website rank higher on search results lists for the keywords and phrases that a potential client is likely to use when trying to find your offering. At SiteSmart Designs we prefer the organic approach to SEO, where attention is focused on optimizing the content of your website so that it gets correctly indexed by the major search engines like Google and Bing.Here are just some of the things we do to optimize the search ranking for your website:
- Keyword research – we determine what best possible combination of keywords should be used to give your site the greatest chance to be found.
- Competition analysis – there’s always something to be learned by observing your competition, it’s a matter of keeping up with best practices. We want to be sure that all aspects of your service, product, or business get presented to your target audience.
- On-page optimization – page titles, filenames, photo alt tags, meta tags; these are some of the items that get customized to improve your website’s indexing.
- Optimized page content – keyword rich copy that describes your offering
- Sitemap submission – we submit an .xml sitemap of your website to the major search engines that helps them understand the nature of your website.
The results of SEO efforts don’t happen overnight. Most of the search engines are indexing your website every one to three weeks, so its important for us to stay on top of your website’s ranking in the search list. It may take weeks to accomplish the desired results, but to date we have been successful in all cases of getting our clients on the first page of a search results list when using their website’s primary search keywords. And we work hard every day to keep them there.
The SEO work we do for your website is never really done. We continue to monitor your website’s rank in the search results list, view it’s traffic reports, and stay in touch with you long after your website build is done. We want to ensure that not only are those potential clients visiting your website, they are making contact and doing business with you. And if they need a little more encouragement to help them make contact, a Social Media Marketing plan could be your answer. We can help you with that as well.